Learn to Play the Saxophone!
Get started on the saxophone or take your skills to the next level with our personalized lessons for adults and children. Whether you’re a beginner or looking to improve your technique, we have something for you.
Lessons for beginners cover:
- The basics of assembling and maintaining your saxophone
- Techniques for producing a clean and open tone
- Essential breathing techniques
- Major and minor scales, arpeggios, and beginning music theory
- Tips for reading basic music and rhythm
- Click here for my FREE Saxophone Fingering Chart
For those looking to improve their technique, we offer effective technical exercises and guidance on developing a consistent practice routine to help you make the most of your musical journey.
Improve your saxophone skills with advanced lessons specifically designed for advanced saxophonists:
Lessons cover a range of topics, including:
- Techniques for improving tone and intonation, such as long tones and overtone exercises
- Advanced techniques like double-tonguing, altissimo, and multi-phonics
- Tips for creating a practical and efficient practice routine
- Techniques for circular breathing
- Strategies for improvising over chord harmony, starting with basic ii-V7-I progressions
GET STARTED NOW!
Ready to get started? Contact us to schedule your first lesson and start your journey towards musical greatness!
1 hour in-person $100 (5 lessons for $400 Subscribe & Save!)
30 mins in-person $60 (5 lessons for $240)
1 hour virtual (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, Jitsi) $80 (5 lessons for $320)
30 mins virtual (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, Jitsi) $50 (5 lessons for $200)
All Payments conveniently accepted via Venmo, Cash App or Zelle/Chase Quickpay.
“I started playing the saxophone as a hobby. I’ve always had a special love for every song that has a saxophone played in it and I ultimately knew that I wanted to learn how to play. I was able to connect with Thomas Hutchings and I have been taking lessons with him for about a year now. I am so grateful to have found a teacher as patient, friendly, and down to earth as Thomas. He has made everything about learning how to play enjoyable by tailoring chords, notes and arpeggios to beats that I like. He is an awesome teacher and I would recommend Thomas to anyone no matter their skill level.” -Quincy (Beginner Student)