Learn to Play the Saxophone
Offering saxophone lessons for adults and children that either need help getting started or take your saxophone technique up a level with effective technical exercises and help with developing a consistent practice routine.
For beginners, learn:
• how to assemble and maintain your saxophone (Click here to put your sax together)
• how to produce a clean and open saxophone tone
• breathing techniques
• the basic Major/Minor scales, arpeggios and beginning music theory
• how to read basic music & rhythms
• Click here for my FREE Saxophone Fingering Chart
Advanced saxophonists, learn:
• how to get your best personal tone with long tones and improve intonation
• extended saxophone techniques (double-tonguing, altissimo & multi-phonics)
• to create a practical & efficient practice routine
• overtone exercises to get the fullest richest sound in all octaves
• how to circular breathe
• how to improvise over chord harmony starting with basic ii-V7-I progressions
GET STARTED NOW!
Sign up for an intro sax lesson and let’s start making music!
1 hour in-person $100 (5 lessons for $400 Subscribe & Save!)
30 mins in-person $60 (5 lessons for $240)
1 hour virtual (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, Jitsi) $80 (5 lessons for $320)
30 mins virtual (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, Jitsi) $50 (5 lessons for $200)
All Payments conveniently accepted via Venmo, Cash App or Zelle/Chase Quickpay.
“I started playing the saxophone as a hobby. I’ve always had a special love for every song that has a saxophone played in it and I ultimately knew that I wanted to learn how to play. I was able to connect with Thomas Hutchings and I have been taking lessons with him for about a year now. I am so grateful to have found a teacher as patient, friendly, and down to earth as Thomas. He has made everything about learning how to play enjoyable by tailoring chords, notes and arpeggios to beats that I like. He is an awesome teacher and I would recommend Thomas to anyone no matter their skill level.” -Quincy (Beginner Student)